For the Ultimate Pick Me Up - try this!

in OTC's Blog Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:42 pm
by OTC • 72 Posts

On some days it is just not worth getting out of bed - today has been one of those days - my Groundhog Day! Things are extremely hectic for the first quarter of the year as one can imagine. There are exams to oversee, assignments to assess, papers to mark, questions to answer, meetings to attend, phone calls to take, emails to write, emails to read and of course I must have a bit of lunch. Having received over 80 emails within the space of a few months from one source, I am finally beginning to crack. Don't get me wrong, I love my job. I love my students. I really dont mind getting sensible questions as my job is to get them to understand what they are studying - but come on 80 emails?? and counting...When is enough, enough? Not to mention staff members who are tearing their hair out. Oh well, my remedy is the ultimate dog tease - thanks to the maker of this viral, it makes my day and I am sure it will make yours too when things get you down. Have a look. http://www.youtube.com/embed/nGeKSiCQkPw

Scroll up

RE: For the Ultimate Pick Me Up - try this!

in OTC's Blog Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:09 pm
by Pascal

Wendy: I so can understand what you said. But, do not be dishearted. If I may suggest something: all has got limits. A glass of water, a sheet of paper, the stomach, and so on. So is the course. If anybody e mails you 80 e mails, a limit must be set. Why? Because then, it takes your energy and time away to the detriment of your quality work and to help others that might need it more. I must say that (and I am not trying to get some Brownies points) your courses and your teaching are of outstanding quality. Your attitude is always polite, well mannered and professional but reachable communication wise. Do not underestimate the good you are doing in people's life. My twenty five years in the USA/UK and nearly ten in France business wise and via my website, allows me to say such things. So, limit the "unreasonable" requests/students and continue to be, with the staff members, a light for people who genuinely wish to study with the Law. As you said: Law is not a subject which can be self taught from books or tapes. So, Studying by Distance Learning is a gem of a way for people who wish to recycle themselves. if you ever feel the blues, as we sometimes do, here is my contribution to you: to laugh is the best medicine and this man is extremely good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&v=rxN6uv-72gk

Keep us inspired, Pascal and family

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: Jaclyn Campoli
Board Statistics
The forum has 77 topics and 109 posts.

0 members have been online today: