Exams

in Students to OTC Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:14 am
by Mendee

Hi, I would like to study the Paralegal course at OTC. However, i would like to know how are the exams structured? Multiple choice, written, other? What is the passing mark? What happens if I fail an exam? Is there some way to get feel of the lesson and a mock exam? How long can I take the online course/each module? How effective is the course? Is it effective enough that I can do freelance paralegal? Thanks, i'll be waiting an answer.

Scroll up

RE: Exams

in Students to OTC Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:59 pm
by OTC • 72 Posts

Hello Mendee, thank you for your query and welcome to our Forum. We would love to have you studying with us. All tests are conducted live online and you will be required to log on to our Live Classroom for approximately 40 minutes to sit the written test. There are standard questions which do not include essays and are not multiple choice. The passmark is 60%. If you are unsuccessful with the first test, you can re-sit. We have estimated study times on our website but if you study by Distance Learning, you can be a bit more flexible ie you can complete each module in a shorter or longer time.

All our courses have proved to be very effective both in terms of students progressing to universities or employment. You can check our Testimonials for verification. One can always work as a freelance paralegal if they so chose. However, because of the sensitive nature of legal work, law firms may not allow working from home, so you will have to consider working from law offices.

I hope I have answered your queries but please let us know whether there are any further concerns.

Regards.

OTC

Last edited Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:01 pm | Scroll up

in Students to OTC Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:58 am
by Mendee

Thanks Wendy for the quick reply. Can send me a sample of an exam? I've been out of school since 1995 so taking exams once again will be a little hectic. I would love to start this February. What do I need to do to register for the course? Can I save the videos so the I can see them over again? Hope to hear from you soon.

Scroll up

in Students to OTC Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:38 pm
by OTC • 72 Posts

Hi Mendee

I shall reply with an email so please send us your email address. In the meantime, there is no need to be worried as most of our students are mature and have left learning institutions a long time ago also. To register please complete and submit our registration form from the website. Once you are given access to the videos, you can repeat them as often as you wish.

Thanks.

OTC

Scroll up

in Students to OTC Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:10 pm
by Mendee

My email address is: belizexpressions@yahoo.com

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: Jaclyn Campoli
Board Statistics